12.10.2013

Stir It

Recently i have been more brave about letting D help me in the kitchen. She is so curious about everything right now. Im learning that if i just let her help me cook she wont be crying or pulling at my pants while im trying to get a job done as quickly as i can. Well instead of making dinner super fast with an "attention hungry" child, I make dinner slow with a very content and smiley child.

I first started out by holding her and letting her stir the pot of boiling water (Annies Mac n Cheese). It tickled me to the bone to watch her be so fascinated. She would stir a little, then look at me for aproval. I praised her like crazy. She even recognized that the steam was hot, she started to blow at the boil pot. hahaha "good stirring D."

Yesterday we made chicken enchiladas. i retrieved two of my aprons, one for myself and the other i adjusted to sort of fit D. (looks like i have a new sewing project! baby aprons) I moved a chair close to the counter and had her stand on it. She loved watching me use the can opener. I moved the chair over to the sink...she watched me drain the cans. Mixing all the ingredients into a bowl, "stir it D," she knew exactly what to do. When it came time for me to shred the cheese D quickly decided the stirring was all done. She picked up every spare piece of cheese and ate it. lol.  then i did my best to not laugh out loud,  but every time i laid down a new tortilla to put the chicken mix into D would take a bite out every tortilla (they were partly hanging over the edge of the counter so she could see) before i could roll it up. oh this girl makes me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to this playlist: masonrj2's Playlist