5.24.2013

Cheerios, Swings, and Grass

All the resources say that D is old enough to start eating small foods like cheerios and other small, quick dissolving foods. I just dont think she is ready and I also think she has a small Mason throat like R and Uncle T. But I went against my mother instincts and tried it out. I would bite a cheerio in half an put it on her tray. It was fun watching her concentrate on picking it up, but surprisingly she didnt bring it to her mouth. So i poured a whole bunch of cherrios on her tray and she simply enjoyed pushing them around and onto the floor, never even thinking that they were something to eat. I was actually relieved and had a giggle watching her be funny. I will stick to my thoughts and just wait a little while longer till I give her food.

R and I took D with us on a walk to the park. R exercised on the jungle-gym while I pushed D on the swing. She absolutely loved it. Watching her face light up brings me so much joy. 


Then we went to a large grass area and R kicked his soccer ball around. D was being so good that I went to kick the ball with him. D stayed on her blanket and reached for the grass, letting it slide through her fingers and palm. There is so much for her to learn and explore, it is a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to this playlist: masonrj2's Playlist