5.23.2013

Three Strikes You're Out

 I gave myself the "bad mom award" yesterday. D only had one nap today, strike 1, because i stretched her to her limit so i could have a good time with friends (i got to hold a week old baby, super cute!!! so worth it, D was a good girl). Then she took a three hour nap um we totally slept together in my bed, those were a beautiful three hours I started to get dinner ready after that glorious sleep and let D play around the house, well....she was pounding on the dishwasher and the dishwasher door was open and came down on her and smacked her head pretty hard, strike 2. I stopped everything i was doing to comfort her. During dinner D was getting board, she sits in her highchair and watches us eat. So what did i do to keep her occupied?...i gave her my spoon...so dumb! As weird as this may sound she ended up scraping the roof of her mouth so bad that she bled for like 10 min. STRIKE 3 YOU'RE OUT! so as blood is running down her mouth and shirt i grabbed some frozen, cloth-like toys from the freezer to give to her. I have learned many things from this. 1: i am not a bad mom 2: we are both on a learning curve 3: i am ever more appreciative of my husband every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to this playlist: masonrj2's Playlist