3.07.2013

Baby #2 on the Way

WHAT?! is the typical reaction we get when telling people we are expecting our second baby, this usually includes jaws dropping, eyes popping, gasping, covering of mouth, trying to gain composure, and the question, "are you serious?!" or the ordinary "WOW" etc.

(Ultrasound taken at 7 wks 6 days)

We have many friends that are also expecting their second child, one of which is my good friend Alicia. I've been reading her blog and I wanted to copy one of her posts, it goes a little something like this: Here I will answer some questions that most of you are probably too polite (or shocked or nervous) to ask, but you're curious about anyway:

1. No, we did not plan this pregnancy.
     It was a surprise to us as well. In fact some days I think Robert just might faint at the thought of it. During Christmas break in Washington State I started getting extra tired (Robert once told me that I wasn't being any fun because I was going to bed at 6pm every night (hahahaha)) also Daveney was wanting to nurse every 45 minutes. After a crazy mood swing and serious craving for a good burger (huh?) on my part, Robert and I began to joke with one another that I was pregnant. We would laugh but give each other this look of "brace yourself it might be true."  As soon as we returned home from our fun vacation I took the test and immediately it was positive. We have decided that this is what Heavenly Father wants and we are welcoming this baby with happy, giddy, anxious arms just like we did with Daveney. We are so stoked for our growing family and couldn't be happier.

2. Daveney will be 11 months old when the baby comes.
     I guess when I start thinking about it I didn't know exactly how far apart I wanted our children to be, but I think I wanted them to be at least a year and a half apart. My feelings were like, we will follow the Spirit and we will know when it is time to have our next and the next and so on.  So, for the rest of our lives for one month every year we will be able to say that we have two 2 year olds or we have two 5 year olds. Some people say, "Oh it will be like having twins." Honestly though, if I was mother of twins I don't think I could say that anyone knows what its truly like to have twins except another mother who actually had twins...so, close but no cigar. It will be a crazy, fun adventure as we raise two babies, two toddlers, etc at once.

3. Im not that nervous about having another one...yet.
     -Most moms get really nervous or anxious about having two children. The whole thought of being out numbered by yourself, or not loving number two as much as you love number one. For me those things do not seem to worry or bother me.
    -Im not sure exactly when it will settle in or even hit me that I might be nervous to have a second baby.
    -I know that I will run on little sleep, assuming that most of the time they will not be on the same sleep schedules, this task seems a little more tricky to me.
    -Im not worried about the diaper thing. I know most people are able to get their first child potty trained before second child comes along. But we have cloth diapers so we wont be in a pinch for money (in this area) or always running to the store to buy more diapers.
    -I know people think we/I are/am crazy. But this is too exciting for me to get stressed or worked up over.

4. I'm super excited to go through the infant stage again.
    I feel like since I was just there it will be easy to recall the little things. I think I will also be more relaxed and not so worried about every stinkin little thing (we will see). A plus about having the babies so close in age is that Daveney will have no idea that she was even an "only child" for a little while. My mom has told me stories of how I treated my sister when she came, a famous line from my 2 yr old self, "mom put her back where she came from!" yep I was brutal, I even shoved a pillow in her face to suffocate her, luckily my mom came to the rescue, and boy am I grateful because she is my best friend now.

5. This pregnancy has been pretty similar to my first pregnancy.
     My 1st pregnancy I had only 2 days of that deathly nausea. This time around I had about 2 weeks of very mild nausea it was mainly during our Christmas break. I have never thrown up in either of my pregnancies. (I know I know I am so so so so so blessed, believe me I count that blessing). My first trimester the first time around i would sleep anywhere from 12-14 hours at night and then sometimes even take a nap during the day ranging form 1-3 hours. HA! not so simple this time because I get the beautiful, smiling Daveney to play with. However, that has not stopped me from taking naps, I try to take one a day during one of Daveney's three naps she takes a day. I also try to go to bed the minute I lay her down for the night. I feel bad for Robert during my 1st trimesters. Im usually nonexistent and non-coherent, meaning that sometimes I wouldnt even have dinner prepared and Im always in bed early while he stays up studying or finding something to do and Im so incredibly tired that he cant even have a normal conversation with me...I really do feel sorry for him during those first 12 weeks. Second trimester a piece of cake, and third trimester just large large large. So far so good, 2nd trimester is treating me well.

6. Yes, we are kind of hoping for another girl.
   Mainly because we already have pink pink pink. So we wouldn't need to go buy clothes or blankets. I think it would be fun for the sisters to be so close in age and then they could tell sister secrets and go do girly things and stick up for one another. However, if it is a boy we will be thrilled as well. We would have both genders and that would balance things out in the home lol.

Random Facts:
Due: August 27th
Weeks: 15 wks and 2 days
Gender Reveal: Sometime during the 2nd week of April, probably April 12th.

Disclaimer: this is all my point of view of everything about pregnancy #2. Im pretty sure Robert might have his own view of it as well....maybe I'll be able to get him to write his thoughts.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! We are so excited for you guys. Your pregnancies sound a lot like my first one. Well, I felt nauseous a lot the first trimester but besides that, pretty similar. Especially the large part. :) I can't wait to find out the gender!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We cant wait either. Im pretty sure we will find out on the 12th of April.

      Delete
  2. I am so stinkin' excited for you guys!! You will do great with two and it will all work out just fine.

    ReplyDelete

Listen to this playlist: masonrj2's Playlist