3.21.2013

Dishwasher Diving Results...and More.

so my cleaning experiment worked wonders now my dishes are clean clean clean!!! im so happy.

the last two days i had a flu bug of some sort and it was terrible. the worst part about it is that daveney got so frustrated with me cuz i wasnt as energetic or fun during the day. poor girl. but i woke up this morning feeling much better. soooooo knowing that i will be having a yw presidency meeting in my home tomorrow morning i knew i had to clean and sterilize my apartment. so as soon as i woke up i went to work. vacuuming, sweeping, laundry, lysoling all the light switches and door knobs and dresser handles, and anywhere i could think that our hands touch, computers, chairs etc etc etc.

well i looked into the fridge and noticed that there was some spilt milk all dried up so i took everything out of my fridge and beautified all the drawers and racks. then our oven was calling my name....pinterest here i come.

our apartment has rules about cleaning the oven. there is actually a nice little "clean" button on my oven but they dont want us to use it (somehow it breaks the oven...what?) also they said that we cant use "oven cleaner sprays." so  i learned that i could sprinkle baking soda and spray vinegar (which = acid) all over the inside of my oven and let it sit for 2 hours..POW! that magic works. thank you pinterest. while wiping that black stuff out of my oven i looked up and notice that the vents under the microwave above the stove top were DIS-GUS-TING !!! luckily there were cleaning instructions stickered right next to the vents: Warm water and dish washer detergent.soak. sweet.

i was starting to think that robert and i might not be as clean as we think we are...WRONG. im realizing that all this yuck is also from previous dwellers of this place. this makes me think that home ownership (one day) might be more work than i thought it could be. i need to make a chart or calendar of things that need to be cleaned on a monthly or quarterly or semi-anual basis. things sure can build up. whew!

i dont know why i get on these super extreme cleaning crazes. its like im early nesting or something...hurry up baby haha

1 comment:

  1. oh, man, I am so with you: so many places we have lived were "clean" but I must have a high standard or something because there was lots of extra gunk. The owners here didn't really clean before they left and we can tell they never really deep cleaned: there are multiple layers of grossness that just can't build up like that even if it's just a yearly spring cleaning! Glad my mom taught me better than that, but I'm going to steal all your secrets--our oven sounds like yours. I've been trying to get a chart for myself going, too.

    ReplyDelete

Listen to this playlist: masonrj2's Playlist