3.11.2013

Church Canceled

It was daylight savings and I received a text message around 9am (yep we were still in bed asleep it would have been 8am) telling me that there would be no church today. I told Robert and he stood up and said, "I've got to look outside!" Sure enough there was a winter storm. At times the snow was flying horizontally because the wind was so strong. So we had church at home. I played some hymns on the piano as prelude music, then robert conducted. We did it all: The opening hymn, prayer, sacrament hymn (without the sacrament), a "talk" by myself, the intermediate hymn, then a "talk by Robert, then a closing hymn and prayer. It was great! Then we went to lds.org and watched Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration. It really brought the spirit in our home. It was a lovely sabbath. Then Daveney asked if she could have some piano lessons so we granted her wish. 


2 comments:

  1. Haha, awesome! Did you fill up the whole hour? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! no not even close to an hour more like 10 to 15 minutes max. it was still wonderful ;)

      Delete

Listen to this playlist: masonrj2's Playlist